New Year’s Resolutions for California Employers!
Every January, New Year’s resolutions are made, and quickly broken. Below are the most common resolutions, with my own twist for employers.
- Lose Weight. Get rid of your lowest-performing, most frustrating employee.
- Eat Healthier. I recommend Grape Nuts and Shredded Wheat (or you can substitute with gravel and hay)
- Exercise…your right to be in charge. Stop letting employee tail wag owner dog.
- Quit Smoking. You can still fire.
- Quit Drinking. Before noon.
- Save Money. Move your business out of California.
- Spend more time with family. Unless they work for you. If so, spend less time with family.
- Manage stress better. Manage everyone better.
- Stop Procrastinating. Get those 2015 performance evaluations done by June.
- Improve a relationship. See #1, above
- Learn a new language. I recommend Millennialish
- Get more sleep. Have blinds and a lock installed on your office door.
- Spend less time on Facebook. Unless you’re tracking the Facebook use of everyone else in the office.
- Run a half or full marathon. Or, just personally handle open enrollment, the result on your body is the same!
- Do something for charity. Give yourself a bonus.